Project cycle management
David Smawfield is a very experienced project team leader, manager and consultant. He has held senior positions of responsibility, involving policy analysis and capacity building, in relation to all aspects of the project cycle from design and appraisal, to facilitation and management, and to evaluation of education projects/programmes.
Among the donors for whom he has been directly employed to undertake consultancy assignments are: UNESCO, UNDP, UNHCR, and DFID.
Much of David Smawfield's recent consultancy activity has taken the form of "Framework Contract" work ("Lot 1" and "Lot 9") for the European Commission, contracted through major European consultancy companies.
David Smawfield has also worked on programmes and projects funded by the Asian Development Bank, the European Commission, the Japan Bank for International Cooperation, and the World Bank.
His professional experience specifically relating to Project Cycle Management has included, for example:
- Participation in project planning missions (Bangladesh, India)
- Project design (Bangladesh, India, Malawi, Mozambique)
- Project proposal writing (Bangladesh, Malawi)
- Participation in donor supervision missions (India)
- Roles as team leader (Bangladesh, India, St Vincent, Vietnam)
- Roles as UK based project manager for Cambridge Education (St Vincent, Dominica, Bangladesh)
- Project Evaluation (Bangladesh, China, India, Nigeria, Turkey, Vietnam)
- Undertaking consultancy assignments, as a trainer, in Project Cycle Management (India, St Vincent, Uzbekistan, Turkey)
- Project Reporting (Malawi, India, Dominica, St Vincent, Turkey)